Wednesday, March 18, 2009

instant repulsion?

Have you ever met someone that just instantly repulsed you. Not an intellectual repulsion, but one from your core? Many times I have found that what is really upsetting me about the person is just a reflection of a character trait which I possess. A trait which I do not like or may not want to acknowledge I actually have.

As difficult and as infrequent as these interactions are, I relish them.  While I always find it hard to engage these people, it is a personal challenge that is worth undertaking; these experiences provide me with an opportunity to explore a dark part of myself and to hopefully grow beyond it, allowing me to get to know another person, consciously unencumbered my own prejudice.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home