Thursday, January 14, 2010

Becoming a man (whether you want to or not).

This Saturday Number Two becomes a man. He will be called to the Torah as a Bar Mitzvah. If only becoming a man was that simple, my job would be done. At 13 years and 5 weeks I could send him off into the world with a clear conscience and the utmost confidence that he had been thoroughly prepared for what lies ahead. I know that sometimes he thinks that he's ready to go out on his own and it would free up some of my time, but I just can't do it.

Sorry Number Two, its not happening. Despite the fact that I am really proud of how mature, sensitive and confident you are, we still have some work to do. I still have some work to do. You see, I can't really be a man until I actually have that aforementioned clear conscience and utmost confidence that I have done everything that I could to help you become a man. I guess we're stuck with each for at least a few more years. And I'm going to enjoy every minute of them.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home